skip to primary navigationskip to content
Research in Pictures Terms and Conditions
- Research in Pictures is open to all members of the GSLS. This includes Graduate Students, Postdoctoral Researchers and other Research Staff based primarily in any of the GSLS Departments and University Partner Institutes.
- Images must be submitted using the online form in JPEG format. Please rename all images in the following format "RIP_yymm_CRSid". Images may subsequently be compressed for display on the GSLS website.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the University of Cambridge Graduate School of Life Sciences to use any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to the GSLS.
- GSLS will provide no finacial reward for submitted images and reserves the right to choose which of the submitted images it wishes to use.
- The gallery will be updated in the last week of each month that "Research in Pictures" remains open. Unfortunately we cannot inform you directly if your image is going to be used.
- If you wish to have an image removed from the GSLS website you should contact the Researcher Developer for Life Sciences with details of your request.