All Initiatives Must be Evaluated
It is now a requirement that all funded activities, submit evaluation data following the event. This helps to ensure that events continue to develop, provides evidence to the University justifying the use of the funds as well as reinforcing the learning for the participants.
The minimum requirements for evaluation are listed below. Having this same minimum amount of data for all the activities will make reporting of the GSLS activity to the RDC much easier.
Failure to submit this data by the date listed in the key dates may result in future bids associated with the respective Department being rejected.
The data required for events are:
1. Event Data
- Number of sessions delivered
- Total hours delivered
- Breakdown of effort for delivering and facilitating the activity against the different staff involved, e.g. Careers Service Staff, Research Development Programme Staff, UTOs, Other Internal, External Staff, etc.)
2. Summary of register of attendance:
- Total attendance number
- Breakdown of research category (i.e. Masters, PhD or postdoc)
- Unmet capacity (such as waiting list figures)
- Breakdown of Department/Institute
3. A summary of a standardised feedback sheet to include the following questions:
- Was this training event useful for you? Yes/No/unsure
- Do you intend to apply any of the skills, techniques, or knowledge learnt from this training? Yes/No/unsure
- What did you like about this training event? Free text
- What did you not like about this training event? Free text
- Overall, how would you rate this training event? 1 (very poor) to 10 (excellent).
- Do you have any other comments?
4. Financial Breakdown
A financial summary of the costs of the event against the requested budget are now also required. The RDC are request that these be highlighted under the following heading in rough detail only.
- Speaker Costs
- Any Other